12th English Poetry chapter 8 objective
The ...... forgets its dead. [2023A, I.Sc. & I.A.](A) Man (B) Animal (C) Fire (D) Wind Ans-- C
Who has violated the tradition of religion by cremating? [2022A, I.Sc.](A) D.H. Lawrence (B) Kamala Das (C) Keki N. Daruwalla (D) T.S. Eliot ans-- C
Tower of Silence is related to [2022A, 2025 I.A.](A) Parsis (B) Sikhs (C) Hindus (D) Christians Ans-- B
Who has composed the poem, 'Fire-Hymn'? [2019C, I.Sc., 2023A, I.Sc.](A) Keki N. Daruwalla (B) Kamala Das (C) J. Mahapatra (D) None of these Ans-- A
K.N. Daruwalla received Sahitya Akademi Award in: [2020A, I.A.](A) 1983 (B) 1984 (C) 1985 (D) 1986 Ans-- B
Keki N. Daruwalla has written the poem- [2020A, I.A.](A) Song of Myself (B) Snake (C) Fire-Hymn (D) The Soldier Ans-- C
Keki N. Daruwalla is an ............. poet. [2020A, I.A.](A) American (B) Indo-Anglian (C) African (D) British Ans-- B
Keki N. Daruwalla was a ............. by religion. [2020A, I.A.](A) Parsi (B) Muslim (C) Hindu (D) Christian Ans-- A
It was the ........... of the poet passing by the cremation ghat. [2020A, I.A.](A) Mother (B) Father (C) Brother Ans-- B
Set 2
The .......... forgets its dead because sometimes it leaves the dead body half burnt. [2020A, I.A.](A) Man (B) Animal (C) Fire (D) None of these Ans-- C
The cremation of dead bodies in ............. is somewhat different. [2020A, I.A.](A) Parsis (B) Muslims (C) Hindus (D) Christians Ans-- A
The speaker in 'Fire-Hymn' belongs to ........... religion. [2018A, I.Sc.] :(A) Indian (B) African (C) Zoroastrian (D) Nigerian Ans-- C
swears to save fire from the sin of forgiving. [2021A, 2025 I.A.](A) Kamala Das (B) Keki N. Daruwalla (C) Nissim Ezekiel (D) W. B. Yeats Ans-- B
Keki N. Daruwalla consigned his new-born ........... to flames. [2021A, I.A.](A) Son (B) Daughter (C) Brother (D) SisterAns-- B
.......... belongs to Zoroastrian religion. [2019A, I.A.](A) Rupert Brooke (B) Kamala Das (C) John Donne (D) Keki N. Daruwalla Ans-- D
The poet sees the red hot ............ [2020A, I.A.](A) iron (B) face (C) embers (D) none of these Ans-- C
"We saw embers losing their cruel redness" is taken from- [2019C, I.Sc.](A) Song of Myself (B) Fire-Hymn (C) The Soldier (D) Snake Ans-- B
"As I consigned my first-born to the flames" is written by- [2018C, I.Sc.](A) Kamala Das (B) Rupert Brooke (C) Keki N. Daruwalla (D) T.S. Eliot ans-- C
Keki N. Daruwalla is the recipient of- [2018C, I.Sc.](A) Sahitya Akademi Award (B) Man Booker Prize (C) Pulitzer Prize (D) Nobel Prize Ans-- A
"Crossing of River" is an important volume of verse written by-(A) Jayanta Mahapatra (B) Kamala Das (C) Keki N. Daruwalla (D) Nissim Ezekiel ans-- C
"I swore to save fire from the sin of forgetfulness" is taken from-[2021A, I.A., 2022A, I.Sc.](A) Snake (B) Ode to Autumn (C) Fire-Hymn Ans-- C
In "Fire-Hymn," Daruwalla talks about a ............. [2024A, I.Sc.](A) burning clothes (B) burning house (C) burning forest (D) burning ghat Ans-- D
The poet talks about ............. in "Fire-Hymn." [2024A, I.A.](A) Tower of Silence (B) Tower of Fire (C) Tower of Prayer (D) Tower of Love Ans-- A
"We saw embers losing their cruel redness" is from- [2024A, I.A.](A) Fire-Hymn (B) Snake (C) Song of Myself (D) Ode to Autumn Ans-- A
The redness of the fire appears to the poet [2024A, 2025 I.A.](A) nice (B) cruel (C) acceptable (D) comfortable
Ans-- B
0 Comments
Post a Comment
Please, Don't enter any spam link in the comment box